Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Digital Scrapbooking: Grandma's Album

Hello Friends,
I have never done digital scrapbooking, because I am addicted to paper, stamps, embellishments...the works! However, I wanted to give digital a try. So here is my first experience with digital scrapbooking. I used the Studio J program offered through Close to My Heart. I wanted to approach this as a consumer really give you a true product review. I know you may think I am biased but Studio J is truly amazing. 
 
I did some research comparing Studio J and a competitor. Here are the main points:
Studio J gives you:
  • A two page layout for $6.95
  • 3 jpegs per layout, a small one for the web (as pictured below) and one large jpeg per page to use for printing again later.
  • Shipping for $5.95 for a box of upto 50 layouts
  • Offers a 5 pack for $39.95 which includes 5 layouts and shipping included (perfect for a gift or for you to stock up on layouts)
  • Many digital options including layouts already designed and ready to just place the pictures and print, paper packs with embellishments, and a way to build from your pages from scratch.
  • Customizable! Titles, color choices, journaling...etc!
  • The paper and printing is 100+ year archival printing process.
  • Plus, videos and tips to help you get the most from the program.
 From the research I did I found that Shutterfly offers:
  • A one page layout for $6.99, shipping not included
  • Very limited paper options
  • No customization.
  • Not sure about their printing process.  
So I am truly amazed at what Studio J offers! I suggest you give it a try. You can create your first layout without even creating an account and at no cost! Only when you are ready to hit print will you need to create an account so you can save your projects.
 
If you have any questions please let me know!! Check out the layouts I created for a scrapbook for my mom. It was her Mother's Day present.